Thursday, May 2, 2013

Werner Herzog As A Human C-Stand

(photo via Facebook)

*Herzog voice*

"I was interested in what kind of cold, lifeless object could support various elements on a film set so I went about positioning myself as a c-stand. I would not be telling the truth if I didn't say I was overqualified but I did learn a lot. For instance I am a director and on set I'm allowed the duty to direct the action. As a c-stand I simple sit there and allow the action to happen to me. Which involves very little until a gruff grip slides my parts back together and hurls me ever so carelessly on to a stand cart. I am wheeled out onto a street and stuffed into an equipment truck. It would be fatuous at this point to point out how forlorn it is but I am the cold lifeless object that facilitates light towards a source of interest."

"I haven't been this moved by my work since I ate my shoe."

No comments:

Post a Comment